Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rock Lobster season 2011/12  (Read 3034 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 14
Rock Lobster season 2011/12
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:06:52 pm »
Rock lobster season opens 5th November 2011..... DPIPWE just announced new rules..... Click the link below for the information on the changes and the new bag, boat and possession limits.

http://www.dpipwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/ALIR-4YG496?open

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 650
  • -Receive: 409
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 19
    • Fishing Boating Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »
It's not the reco fisher but the Rock Lobster Pro guys that have caused a reduction in stock levels and thus ultimately this reduction in bag limits furious1.

Forcing them to fish further south and only be allowed to pot in depths more than 30-40m from a point south of Southport, certain spots on the Tasman Pennisula, parts of the east and NE Coast and spots offshore such as the Friars (for example) would have been a better outcome and fairer for the reco bloke.

I know what I'm gunna do now and it's drop my pots right where the Comercial blokes do, dive where the Commercial guys do and fish where the Commercial guys do just to piss them off grin1

Oh...and bet the licence fee doesn't go down by nearly 50% thatsenough1

proka
What has 4,882km's of coastline? think1

wayne smith

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »
Oh well Not much point complaining I guess. Hardly worth setting a pot now though.
Is there an upper size limit?

joe

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 36
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »
Oh well Not much point complaining I guess. Hardly worth setting a pot now though.
Is there an upper size limit?
no
Every one else is posting signatures about Maria Island and I didn't want to feel left out!!!!!!

spinner

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 07:34:08 pm »

I know what I'm gunna do now and it's drop my pots right where the Comercial blokes do, dive where the Commercial guys do and fish where the Commercial guys do just to Bleep them off grin1

Oh...and bet the licence fee doesn't go down by nearly 50% thatsenough1

proka
you wanna get up early if you are going to do that man, they will have them checked for you before you know get the boat in the water  sorry1
some pull their pots at all hours of the night

insanity

• Forum Supporter
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 38
  • Liked: 3
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 10:12:32 pm »
barely worth getting wet  censored1 take longer to put the wetsuit on than it would to catch the fish  furious1

I think i can

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:38:17 pm »
Know what your saying spinner but I also know there's good and bad pro guys just like there's good and bad reco fishers who'd do that exact same thing furious1

topgear2

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:10 am »
 Hey there

I know you guys will linch me for say this but i talk to a few of the pro guys with work and they have lost a huge amount of there quota   and they loss more this year as far as i can work out  so its not just the rec fisher taking a hit this time makes a change

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:30 am »
Hey Justin, they'll be no lynching here thumbsup1 and your opinions and thoughts are valued and appreciated cool1

From a reco fisher perspective, the only reason I make my comments is because I have been exposed to the pro guys cleaning a couple of areas out I've dived selectively over the years...generally closer inshore and accessible to the smaller boat or shore-based diver.

In saying that there ARE some inconsiderate reco blokes out there too furious1

proka

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:27 am »
And your right about their quotas they have been cut this year but not to the same degree % wise as the reco fisher BUT they have also been catching less over the years so I suppose it could be seen as a double whammy for them cry1

spinner

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 05:29:29 pm »
no one is getting cut back , theyre phsicallly not catching their quota so theyre not actually getting cut back
thats the way it is,
if the fish arent there you cant catch them so the quota has been set lower is all,just a band aid measure of sorts  doh1

tommy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • "Where I want to surf!"
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 08:00:50 am »
G'day blokes, I do a bit of diving and have noticed a significant decrease in catch numbers in the southern area. Ten years ago it wasn't a problem to get out there and land your "bag" in half a tank and that wasn't just you but eveyone in the water  envy1. We'd dive with 4-5 blokes and the boat would reguarly come home with 20-25 fish for the day and over a weekend our possession limits of 10 each cool1

We've changed our diving practices in the last 5 years and have only had a couple of occassions where we've landed our 5 but this is generally on two tanks now. Regardless, for $45 its still the cheapest way to catch a couple of crayfish whether it's 5 or now 3 goodjob1

As for the pro blokes, whether or not their quotas have been cut back or they're just not catching the fish the results the same there's less fish about and it's an industry wide problem. IMO the grounds need time to regenerate and perhaps closing the east coast for a few years to everyone may have been the best solution think1

Suppose then this pushes the smaller boats further south increasing safety risks and for making it even more difficult for the poor shore-based reco diver to land a couple fish cry1

Anyway my thoughts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal