Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 250th trout of the season..  (Read 110 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2329
  • -Receive: 949
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
250th trout of the season..
« on: January 28, 2021, 04:46:42 pm »
Had one of my best spin sessions of the season today, thirty hook ups with "18 browns caught and released." Sizes ranged from small to medium, all fish were in top condition. They fell for the Mepps Stone Fly, March Brown Bugs & Aglia Brown micro pigment spinners & one of my 50 year old Mepps spinners that I painted. Very humid hot conditions was perfect for chasing the trout today. Though I'm totally stuffed after fishing from 7:00 am to 12:30 pm it was well worth the effort & time put into it. Good thing was the last trout caught & released was my 250th for the season.. The best fish went 535 grams.. I'm still well behind for the same time last season..

** Equipment used:
Okuma Celilo Finesse ULS 1-3kg trout rod, Okuma Helios HSX-20 spinning reel, Mepps inline spinners,
Platypus Super 100 UHT mono, Platypus Pretest premium grade mono, Platypus Stealth FC lead line
& Boomerang Tool Products.

cheers
Adrian

#tackletactics #meppslures #okuma #platypuslines #letsgofishing #boomerangtoolproducts

** Click on photos to enlarge. **
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Solid brown.
Trout taken close to opposite river bank..
Beautifully coloured wild brown trout.
Lovely piece of water here..
Great colours in this trout too..
One of my 50 year old Mepps spinners that I hand painted.. worked well on the trout..
The old Mepps did the job, caught the last six trout on it..
Another trout bites the dust..

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 579
  • -Receive: 502
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:57:55 am »
Nice going, Adrian.  Some prime-looking water and good, fit fish.  What a great morning!

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2329
  • -Receive: 949
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 11:44:28 am »
Thanks Paul, it was nice to finally have a double figure catch, the last one was back on the 11th Dec 2020.. Only had four all up for the season so hopefully there's a few more to be had
before the end of the trout season.. It was a top day to be in the river, I do love the fast water fishing casting and drifting a spinner, doesn't get any better than that.. grin1

cheers
Adrian..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal