Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lake Sorell disappointing  (Read 267 times)

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 574
  • -Receive: 497
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Lake Sorell disappointing
« on: October 21, 2020, 02:56:18 pm »
Yesterday I went to Lake Sorell for the second time this month.  It was blowing a moderate breeze when i arrived, as it had been last time.  The water was murky - like cold milky tea - as it had been last time.  I trolled and drift-spun for 4 or 5 hours, as I had last time.  No sign of fish, either on the finder or visibly, as per last time.  Three-hundred kilometre round trip is a bit of a stretch when there's not a fish to be had!  Both visits, I was the only silly sod there, as far as I could tell: clearly others knew far better than me and have been staying away in droves.

Yesterday, though, I did have a meeting with IFS blokes in a big boat, who said they are closing it again temporarily from this Sunday for a few months, so they can get in with the water level high and the water temp warming, and hope to finally root out the half-dozen or so carp that they believe are still there, as they try to enter the marshes to spawn. The "news" page on the IFS website now confirms this.

So, I guess it will be Wayatinah, Bronte, Dee etc for me over the next few months.  Hope I have better results there!

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2321
  • -Receive: 943
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Lake Sorell disappointing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 10:46:34 pm »
Certainly was a long drive for no reward Paul.. yes I'd be staying clear of it too..

cheers
Adrian..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal