Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Seeking advice for upcoming Coles Bay trip  (Read 355 times)

Anon Dando

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Seeking advice for upcoming Coles Bay trip
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:38:40 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit of a lurker here and have really relied on this site for fishing tips since moving to Tassie 2 years ago. I hope you don't mind me seeking some specific advice.

I've booked a holiday home in Coles Bay in a couple of weeks and I am wondering about a particular stretch of water and the likely hood of finding flathead land based. I have included an image from google maps with a red circle indicating roughly where the house is. My question is, could I fish the stretch of water right where the accommodation is, and if so am I more likely to find flatties on the chew at high or low tide? I don't mind heading somewhere else, it's just that I have got young kids and it would be really convenient to be able to just get straight into it when I get the chance, particularly after the kids have gone to sleep at night. I usually fish for flatties with soft plastics but have had success with bait on paternosters too, but this has been off my Canoe in the Conningham / Snug area.

Any advice about this or any other suggestions for fishing land based around the area would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Dan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 85
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 09:30:54 am »
Never fished there personally, but don't see any reason why there wouldn't be flathead there. Or at worst along the beach nearby.

Earlybird

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 16
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 02:44:32 pm »
along the shore near the mouth of the river is where i would be trying on the out run tide say 1/2 tide either way ,down to low tide the fish should be coming off the river flats .there have been many caught in that area out of yaks an canoes

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 618
  • -Receive: 393
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 19
    • Fishing Boating Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 07:51:49 pm »
G’day Anon, reckon soft plastics or jig-em’s out off the beach may attract them. Plenty of good size cala’s up there at the moment too just check the close season which it later this month. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What has 4,882km's of coastline? think1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal