Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mepps Aglia Fluo & wild brown trout.  (Read 162 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2320
  • -Receive: 939
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Mepps Aglia Fluo & wild brown trout.
« on: August 24, 2020, 10:24:25 pm »
This is just a short video clip of a few wild browns that fell to the rainbow coloured Mepps Aglia Fluo blade spinner last week.
Cold water in the rivers & streams is making the fishing a little tough at the moment.. Once the weather settles and the water temps rise I'm sure they'll improve week by week..
That last fish of the day made the trip worthwhile..

cheers
Adrian..

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 570
  • -Receive: 496
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »
Thanks, Adrian: some nice stream to fish, there - and beautiful fish taken from it.  You said a few times, in this and your previous video, that you reckon the water temp was barely 3 deg C: is that normal for this stage of the year in those streams?  I've had a couple of trolling sessions on the middle Huon since my opening day, both with no result, but the water temp here was barely 3 deg also - and that's a fair bit colder than I've seen in recent years. (Also way below the temp where the trout go dozy and don't want to play!)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2320
  • -Receive: 939
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »
Thanks Paul, the water temp has been lower this season & much longer than normal, more likely due to so many heavy frosts over a long period then followed up with a large doses of snow..
 It did warm up to 5 degrees once last week then dropped back to 3 degrees just as quick.. hopefully it will rise once the weather settles and the days get a little warmer.. 
I spotted a trout in Western Creek, it was just sitting there facing upstream, I cast four different lures upstream and retrieved then back down past it and it didn't move
until a small Wagtail flew low over the creek and it darted off.. The water there was so cold I could only fished it ten minutes at a time before getting out to get the feeling back in my feet.
I'll be glad when it gets to 12 degrees and more.. 15-17 degrees is what I really like..
cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal