Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More fast water wild trout fishing....  (Read 218 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2301
  • -Receive: 925
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
More fast water wild trout fishing....
« on: March 16, 2020, 03:51:51 pm »
This was another trip back another off my favorite fast waters, one I haven't fished for quite some time.. I had fished a stretch of water some three or so kilometres downstream that was full of green algae so decided to make the move to the fast waters again..The conditions were good, great flow in the river and the trout were here. They were a little choosy going from one coloured Mepps spinner to another on a regular basis, even used a small unbranded minnow lure for a short time.. Every lure used on this trip caught trout.. The best fish of the day was taken on the smallest Mepps spinner, a size #00 (1.5gram) Stone Fly Bug spinner, that trout went 1.04 kgs..

cheers
Adrian

Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 549
  • -Receive: 478
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
More fast water wild trout fishing....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 08:43:25 am »
Thanks, Adrian, for this and your previous video.  Good to see you're still at it, and I envy you having rivers like those - with trout in them - to fish.  My favourite streams down south here all seem to be devoid of fish.  Not that I've been out much lately; been looking after my Dad who is 94 and just accepted he doesn't want to live independently any longer, so arrangements made for entry into residential aged care.  Jesus, I could hope to live as long!

Keep fishing, old mate, and keep the reports and vids coming!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal