Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Autumn morning, NorthWest Bay  (Read 307 times)

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 568
  • -Receive: 494
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Autumn morning, NorthWest Bay
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:11:13 pm »
In the interests of keeping some sort of activity going on the site, I can report that I finally (after lord knows how long!) managed a morning on NW Bay today.  Boat had just had a service, then I hit the water about 10 am.  Went and tried a couple of squid spots for an hour or so, but nothing doing - I suspect the sun being well up and bright didn't help.

Then settled in for a drift or several, on a flattie spot that's been productive for me in the past.  Not a lot of fish happening, but enough to keep me interested; boated about 15 over an hour and a half, and half a dozen were safely size, so Merlene and I are having a big feed of fresh fish tonight for dinner!

Watched a chap casting and fast retrieving around moored boats and buoys: guessed he was hoping for kingfish, which suggests to me there may still be a few of them to be had in the bay, if you can find them: I'll take some more suitable tackle next visit, and see if I can stir anything up.

Otherwise, I had a very quiet morning; practising the ultimate "social distancing", and much more enjoyable than standing in a stretched-out queue in the supermarket to get a few things that the hordes have cleaned off the shelves!

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2318
  • -Receive: 938
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Autumn morning, NorthWest Bay
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:33:07 pm »
Good to see you managed to get out and wet a line Paul, better still is that you did catch enough for a decent feed too..

cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal