Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: World Fly Fishing Championships 2019.  (Read 93 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2297
  • -Receive: 921
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
World Fly Fishing Championships 2019.
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:30:24 pm »
Here's a few photos from the WFFC, a few fishing in some very poor conditions on Penstock Lagoon & Little Pine Lagoon in the Central Highlands yesterday in snow & 35-45 kph winds that were also gusting up to 60 kph plus.. Today is much worse with a forecast of  snow down to 500 meters and gale force winds of 90-100+ kph.. I wasn't not sure if today's event was on or not, checked the web cams of both waters and did see several boats on Little Pine (1:00pm onwards) but none on Penstock... Conditions looked really poor...
Not sure if the river fishing was on either.. I was going for a drive to the Upper Mersey River today to take a few photos but decided to stay home in the warm given the conditions...

cheers

Adrian..

*** Click on photo to enlarge..

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:21:14 pm by meppstas »
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 540
  • -Receive: 476
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
World Fly Fishing Championships 2019.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 09:54:56 am »
Wicked conditions!

It seems they did fish Tuesday OK.  Results so far after two days of the five have our own local Jon Stagg way out in front on the individual points score, having taken 13 good fish at Little Pine on Monday and a dozen similarly good ones at Penstock yesterday.  The Australian team are lying third on the team points score at the moment.  Seems the crap weather hasn't put them off too badly!

(And no, I didn't brave the weather to get out there to watch: I'm simply checking results on the World Fly Fishing Champs 2019 website from the comfort of my own study!  Here's the link if you want to follow: https://www.wffc2019.com/latest-results/ )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal