Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Disappointing  (Read 298 times)

rogun

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 60
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Super Disappointing
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:54:20 pm »
Hi all,
Has been a while,
I went for a look see at Tooms Lake and spent the best part of five hours there today.
I havent been there for around ten years.
What on earth has happened to the place ? I remember it being pristine!
I reckon it would be possible to fill a couple of ten yard trucks with all of the broken glass, empty stubbies, plastic containers, poo paper etc, etc. Bottles with sticks jammed in them as strike indicators all around the shore. I even found a piece of graball net over past the dam overflow.
If this keeps up at our lakes we will all end up being shut out from camping.
Cmon people whoever you are doing this , TAKE YOUR RUBBISH HOME, ITS NOT THAT HARD! censored1 censored1 censored1 censored1 furious1 furious1 furious1
I was seriously considering taking a couple of foster kids out there camping. There is no way I can do that with all of the broken glass everywhere.
NOT FUNNY!!! 

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 539
  • -Receive: 476
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Super Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 06:15:54 am »
That's really sad to hear.  I'm not familiar with Tooms, but the fact that campers and anglers are willing to abuse any of the great places they visit around the state is disgusting.  Tempted to say "They wouldn't do it at home, why do it there?", but when you see the disgusting filthy state some people live in, I guess there are some who wouldn't consider it any different - and that's what I find most sad.

cal123

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 11
  • Referrals: 0
Super Disappointing
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 08:24:14 am »
I've also seen some pretty filthy areas around Arthurs, not to mention the shores of the Derwent, which cop it from all angles, people dropping litter in place and additional stuff washing up.

I know that Sea Shepard does a few cleanups on the Derwent, but it doesn't give fishers a great name when a lot of the rubbish is old bait bags, line, chip packets and beer bottles/cans. Maybe it's time to have a bit more of a discussion about this in the community.

Also - should shout out to  the young guys down Kingston way who I've seen collecting rubbish. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal