Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 21 trout in two spin sessions..  (Read 124 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2277
  • -Receive: 913
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
21 trout in two spin sessions..
« on: September 05, 2019, 09:40:23 pm »
Have finally had a couple of good spin sessions catching &  releasing 21 browns in two spin sessions in very cold water.. The first session yielded 11 trout all taken on
a mepps Aglia Fluo rainbow spinner. Today's session just the first trout was taken on a Aglia fluo tiger spinner, though II did have several hits & misses on another Aglia flou spinner as well, It wasn't until I tried two small mid divers sent to me by Nathan of  www.pointerlureproject.com/home-1  that I was asked to try on the trout one day. Well they worked fine, the small olive coloured lure caught four browns & the red lure caught 5 lovely browns with the best one going 515 grams.. I still need 75 trout to reach my 10,000th wild Tasmanian trout since moving here in March 2000.

cheers
Adrian
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:26:42 am by meppstas »
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

PointerLureProject

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 22
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:24:23 am »
we really appreciate you giving our lures a run and are constantly envious at your angling achievements.   We have fond memories, having grown up on the NW Coast of small stream fishing and it's something I just don't put enough time into down here in Hobart.  It's just too easy to hit the Tyenna or the Derwent.

We're always happy to look after FBT members in regards to lures and discounts or even handing a few out to try.  Just shoot me a PM or email pointerlureproject@gmail.com

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2277
  • -Receive: 913
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:13:49 am »
As always Nathan, only too glad to help out anytime... good thing is they're working on the trout

cheers
Adrian

Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal