Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First trout of the 2019/20 season..  (Read 112 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2272
  • -Receive: 910
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
First trout of the 2019/20 season..
« on: August 13, 2019, 08:30:06 am »
 Finally managed to get back into a small tannin stream for a bit of a practice session in skinny (& 2-3 degrees) water to hone up the trout fishing skills. The water was a dark tannin colour so went for a Mepps #0 Aglia fluo rainbow trout spinner. Good thing was I did have a few hook ups with just the two wild browns being caught.. Was nice to catch my first trout of the 2019/20 season too.. Really wasn't expecting any fish in this tannin water either, going by the land owner there weren't any trout in it, only blackfish to his knowledge.. Always nice to add the first couple of trout to my season tally sheet.. thumbsup1
Gave the Okuma Celilo 6' 1-3kg ULS trout rod & Okuma Helios SX20 spin reel filled with 4lb Super 100 Platypus clear mono a nice workout during the one & a half hour session. The Mepps Aglia fluo spinner did the job too.. Best fish was the second brown, it went 455 grams, both trout were released..

cheers
Adrian

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Tight water..
First wild brown of the season..
Small streams, always a log jam or two on them..
The second brown of the session..
Ready for release..
some nice water ahead hopefully..

** Watch the full video here: 

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:32:19 am by meppstas »
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 521
  • -Receive: 469
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 02:49:31 pm »
That's you off the mark, then.  Looks like pretty challenging water, too, with all those fallen trees and other obstacles.  Not a lot of casting room!

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2272
  • -Receive: 910
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »
That's you off the mark, then.  Looks like pretty challenging water, too, with all those fallen trees and other obstacles.  Not a lot of casting room!

Thanks Paul, yes it is tight fishing for sure & something I do enjoy even though the tea trees can be a little unforgiving once a lure hits them.. oops1

Thankfully it doesn't happen all that often & it's not hard to unhook the lure from them, just a pain in the butt that's all..  moonie1

cheers
Adrian
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal