Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Proposed Cuts for Recreational Fishers  (Read 331 times)

rogun

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 57
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
New Proposed Cuts for Recreational Fishers
« on: June 28, 2019, 10:46:16 am »
Wow !

With all of these proposed changes recommended for the recreational Abalone and Crayfish rules I do not think that I will be
upgrading my boat to a bigger brand new safer rig.

Its looking more and more like it will not be worth it.

Who else is starting to weigh up the costs associated with access to our wild fishery against the cost of maintaining boats, equipment
and all other associated costs.

Do I put my money back into the economy ?

Where will it all stop ?

What are the opinions of other keen fishos ?

Is this a topic worthy of comment ?

Cheers fellow fishers 

PointerLureProject

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 25
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:35:37 am »
I participated in the survey this year and provided all my data on my snorkeling endeavors.

I got out on 4 trips were I took 23 abalone and 1 lobster.  I snorkeled Primrose Sands twice from my kayak and bagged out both trips and the fishery there is very healthy for abalone with plenty about, but almost devoid of lobster.

I hit Bruny Island land based twice, once from coal point and once from quiet corner.  managed a lobster and saw very few abs and coal point and quiet corner was absolutely bare.

IMO the proposed reductions to bag limits doesn't really impact me personally but to reduce recreational anglers limits on the basis that we are responsible for the decline is incorrect.   Recreational fisho's are soft targets and it's always us that gets the blame.

You can't help think it's political and corrupt.   by reducing recreational bag limits the only people who win are commercial fisherman who will simply have more to take.

Dan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 81
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:19:42 pm »
The only recreational fisherman that would be having any impact are those who have complete disregard for the law and couldn't care less about bag limits, it will have zero affect on those people. They will just continue doing what they do now. It's the law abiders that get screwed. Same with gun laws. Only affect the people who stick to the rules.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal