Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dart Bank  (Read 153 times)

rogun

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 53
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Dart Bank
« on: April 13, 2019, 10:56:18 am »
Hi there,
Thought that I would post a recent trip last Thursday, down to the Dart Bank, or I should say about 3 Nm out from there.
We put the boat in at Dodges Ferry ramp at about 10 am, Late start,
Its a fair run down there and we faced a swell of about 2-2.5 meters, not too bad or so we thought.
We arrived and I dropped the first berley bomb over the side, may as well have saved all the berley as my deckie began heaving peas and carrots everywhere within 10 minutes.. laugh1
I guess we all know what colour a Greengage is, Well that was my deckie  shame1.
We managed to stay there for around 3 hours and caught a couple of very good flatties and hauled aboard 2 Schoolies that I am sure had been fed steroids. As it turned out when they hit the deck they both spat out heaps of tiny octopus and crabs.
We kept the flatchaps and released the schoolies and headed back up for smoother waters. I have to admit that I was also glad to be leaving that swell, and the peas and carrots for calmer waters.
About half way back my Deckie suggested that the day was done and could not take anymore.
Then the truth came out that the late start, was due to a last minute decision to go on a bender the night before.
And an admission that it would definitely not happen again.  blahblah1 blahblah1
Does everyone else suffer after a bender the night before going out, lol
I have no pity on self inflicted inducement of sea sickness,  laugh1 grin1 drinks1 drinks1
cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal