Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deep sea fishing out of Hobart area  (Read 417 times)

madman1

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Deep sea fishing out of Hobart area
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »
Hi there,

Some may say I am the luckiest man in the world with the missus requesting I go to the local tackle shop an buy up big as she wants to fish the shelf.

My question to all more knowledgeable than me (which isn't hard) where would I start?

I dont want GPS marks, just some general advice as to where to go.  Do I have to travel to EHN or is there some good ground departing from South Arm?

I have a 6.4m Savage Warrior with a 200hp.  9" touch screen Lowaence Elite 9Ti.  All the safety gear.  140 litres fuel capacity etc...

Are there any spots around the general area where flatchaps aren't the main catch?  Something different would be great.

I dont have electric reels but if we have a successful trip or two, they will definitely be on the cards.

We are hoping to head out on Monday as the weather is looking pretty darn good.

Any general info would be greatly appreciated.  If not, it looks like we will be chasing the humble flatties off Slopen.

Cheers in advance.

Madman.

Dan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 81
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:56:55 am »
Good catches of albacore off the shelf atm. Most people I've seen dropping for blue eye, gemfish, etc. Are doing so in 300 meters plus so would be a great workout for you to reel them in without an electric. As for getting there. Its alot closer to the shelf from somewhere like fortescue or ehn.

madman1

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:23:20 am »
Thanks Dan,

The weather was a bit ordinary so we slept in.

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers,

Mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal