Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kayak Fishing - Bicheno  (Read 584 times)

B.Marriott

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 93
  • Liked: 0
  • Wake up with a line in the water
  • Referrals: 0
Kayak Fishing - Bicheno
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:04:56 pm »
Itís been a while since Iíve put a report up and too long since my last fish. Iím definitely keen to begin diving again this summer.

Anyway last weekend we headed up to our shack at Bicheno primarily for the Bicheno food & wine festival, however this gave myself and my mate an excellent excuse to spend a bit of time on the water. We had time to spare so we headed out from Waubs Bay from our kayaks to about 18-19m, just using a soft plastic paternoster rig to begin, however it was slow with only a few bites so we headed into the reef to try and get a wrasse for bait. About 15mins we had caught the wrasse, sorta filleted it (tough buggers) and headed back out to the spot we began fishing at. It was sorta slow, however at the same time we were getting enough bites to be interested.  I managed 5 in about half an hour all were over 35cm, also caught some undersized ones which had to go back. We then paddled to Redbill Beach, tried in some shallower water around 10m with no luck, we kept on paddling to around the back of diamond island, we werenít through the Tombolo/Spit which made things interesting. I caught a few small flatties, however my mate had much better luck catching another 4 sized Flatties. We then began the long paddle back to Waubs Bay and took the Yale back to the shack.

Regardless of the slow fishing (usual Bicheno), it was a great day out on the water and was much better than being at the food festival. I think my mate may have been a little annoyed though because he had lost 3, 40cm+ sandies just by bouncing out of his yak:) Sorry about no pictures was a little lazy but looking forward to start filming a few of my adventures again soon.

Cheers Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddlefish Tasmania

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 96
  • Referrals: 1
Kayak Fishing - Bicheno
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »
Keen to get up your way and do some fishing and snorkelling.  beautiful location and a place I just haven't spent enough time at.

B.Marriott

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 93
  • Wake up with a line in the water
  • Referrals: 0
Kayak Fishing - Bicheno
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 09:29:06 am »
Certainly an awesome place Nathan, I went for a Scuba Dive a couple weekends before, itís suprising how many crayfish are just under your nose. They would require a ring as they are a fair way back, but there were 5 crays literally 10m off the shore near the break wall. Hopefully Iíll get a shot at them once the season is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 617
  • -Receive: 392
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 19
    • Fishing Boating Tasmania
Kayak Fishing - Bicheno
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:00 pm »
Living the dream thumbsup1 Itís the simple things that make fishing in Tassie so much fun.
What has 4,882km's of coastline? think1

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 139
  • Referrals: 1
Kayak Fishing - Bicheno
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:52:45 pm »
Living the dream thumbsup1 Itís the simple things that make fishing in Tassie so much fun.
PAIKEA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal