Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wild browns in a small stream..  (Read 205 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2199
  • -Receive: 872
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Wild browns in a small stream..
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:12:24 am »
Had a bit of a spin session in a small stream on private property several days ago after we had some decent rain, the trout were small but fun to catch and still quite a challenge as the water level was still reasonably low in many areas along the stream. I had a sudden reminder as I climbed out of the river onto the river bank when I was within three feet of a Tiger snake sunning itself.. Yep!! they're out & about again and it's time to be alert when fishing the rivers right though to the close of the season... Any way i did manage to catch & release seven browns from thirteen hook ups in a couple of hours fishing until the cloud dispersed and the stream was in full sun.. Wasn't all that keen walking back to the car in high grass and dead wood every where either, kept very alert and on the look out.. I normally stay away from this area once the weather warms due to there being quite a few snakes in the area.. Still if you want to fish these little secluded streams it a chance one has to take.. With the rain we're having here today, it looks like there will be another trip back there in a few days time as there will be some nice flow back in it.. the rain will liven the stream up and hopefully bring the trout on the take.. one good thing about this little stream is it's too narrow & tight for the Cormorants to get into...

cheers
Adrian

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Small brown taken on the Aglia Mouche Noire..
Another little brown fell to the Spinner.
Trout caught here..
Sun baking, hit the alert button..
Well conditioned little brown..
A little tight here, but it did give up a trout.
One of seven for the spin session..
'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru"

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2199
  • -Receive: 872
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Wild browns in a small stream..
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 01:04:54 pm »

Here's some YouTube footage of the spin session... 

cheers
Adrian
'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal