Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A few flatchaps  (Read 244 times)

El Barco

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 36
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
A few flatchaps
« on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:55 pm »
Hi folks

Have concluded that forums beat facebook for sharing general fishing info. My friends aren't your friends, yours aren't mine, but at least on a forum we all get a squizz at what everyone else has been up to. So I'm starting this season with a humble report from yesterday.

Launched at Pirates Bay in a mate's boat, since mine's getting a new floor. We headed up past the Sisters and started in about 50 metres, drifted round for a while in  the northerly. Moved a couple of times and ended up with a modest feed of sandies. It was great to be back on the water after a few months away from it. Water's still cold at 12ish but better times are ahead.

Here's to more reports on here.

El Barco

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 450
  • -Receive: 404
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
A few flatchaps
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:29:50 pm »
Hear, hear: I second that!

Do you know about "the kingy patch" out of Pirate's?  An old local explained it to me some years ago: you head out from the southern point of the bay, straight towards the Sisters, and keep going until you are dead in line with the big Hippolyte on the right and the Lufra on the left.  Should show "100 feet" (ie, 30 metres) on the sounder.  Fish there - apparently gives up good tiger ("king") flathead.  But I suspect that won't be until the water has warmed a bit more.

You won't see that on Twitface!

meninaboat

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
A few flatchaps
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:51:35 pm »
i gave a local at P.Bay a lift, he mentioned F.H straight out /EAST from the pub also.  i dont think the deep water FH taste as good as the local FH.

El Barco

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 36
A few flatchaps
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:53:16 am »
Thanks fellas. We did give that area a go - it was teeming with undersize fish, which is a good thing for the future

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal