Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did you come across FBT?  (Read 6268 times)

Lake Leake Boy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 431
  • -Receive: 483
  • Liked: 0
  • Find the Time - And wet a Line.
  • Referrals: 2
How did you come across FBT?
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:54:10 pm »
How did Everyone come across FBT?  think1

I was looking to see if any Tuna Fishing Reports had come up of Bicheno for 2014, but come across Proka's Bicheno adventure!  nicethread1
And then decided to join the forum... What a great decision that was!!  bounce1 happydance1

Its a great fishing forum, and a thanks must got to the Mods for starting up this awesome fishing forum!!  cool1 happydance1 Where fishermen like my self and many other people can come and share their stories and reports!!

Samuel. 

Sponsored By “Dogtooth Distributions”

Proudly Supported by “Tassie Devil Field Staff” “Mepps Tasmania” “Yep Tassie Tackle” “Moore, Made For Locals”

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2297
  • -Receive: 921
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:41:41 pm »
You definitely made a great decision too Samuel as did I by joining this great site... agree1    I came across quite by chance really as when I was a member of another site (which I won't name)
as the site owner ( who Chris & others know whom I am talking about) kept on slagging this site and putting it down, so decided to check it out. After checking it out I joined up and left the other site not long after.. happydance1  It's definitely a decision I have never regretted as it's an excellent site with a heap of great members... thumbsup1   ''Chris and the Mods'' have to be commended for the great job they do to keep it up and running.. goodjob1
cheers
Adrian
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:43:21 pm by meppstas »
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

Rohan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 771
  • -Receive: 186
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 06:44:15 pm »
I did a google search for tuna fishing tas and found it wasn't looking for a forum but pleased I found it lots of interesting info and some laughs as we'll . In the next couple of weeks I will meet people that I have possibly been seeing on the water and at the ramp for years and that will be good. Thanks to those who set this up and keep it going  goodjob1 thanks. Rohan

Noodles

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 110
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:13:39 pm »

You definitely made a great decision too Samuel as did I by joining this great site... agree1    I came across quite by chance really as when I was a member of another site (which I won't name)
as the site owner ( who Chris & others know whom I am talking about) kept on slagging this site and putting it down, so decided to check it out. After checking it out I joined up and left the other site not long after.. happydance1  It's definitely a decision I have never regretted as it's an excellent site with a heap of great members... thumbsup1   ''Chris and the Mods'' have to be commended for the great job they do to keep it up and running.. goodjob1
cheers
Adrian
EXACTLY and I mean exactly what he said!
@%&* the wind..............

Greyhound

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 115
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »
Mates and factual info. There's other sites that delete your posts if the powers that be don't agree with your opinion. Doesn't happen here.
Myself as a mod thank all members for their great reports. The members are the ones that make this site what it is.
Greg
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:35:25 pm by Greyhound »
Thanks to Fishing Boating Tasmania for sponsoring the Longford Fishing Club junior anglers for the 2014/2015 season.

Lake Leake Boy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 08:44:49 am »
I'm glad I joined it! Its a great site with great people!  cool1

Proudly Supported by “Tassie Devil Field Staff” “Mepps Tasmania” “Yep Tassie Tackle” “Moore, Made For Locals”

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:11 pm »
Actually this was a good topic that you posted Samuel.. thumbsup1  Hope it receives many replies as it deserves too... agree1
cheers
Adrian

Brad

• Global Moderator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 336
  • -Receive: 552
  • Liked: 5
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »
I was headhunted and promised a huge salary.....  wish1 laugh1

What I did get was new mates, plenty of helpful fishing info and managed to tick off a few species too thanks to the Guru!
Whens the next adventure?

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 07:02:09 pm »
Any time Brad..  thumbsup1  May have some interesting news soon from the Guru too... think1  Have to wait a little longer for it though... gonefishing1

Dan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 83
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
I'm in the same boat as Adrian and Noodles... whistlingdixie1
haven't looked back since.  thumbsup1

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 09:18:23 am »
Been holding off on responding to this.....

Firstly, thanks for the great topic Samuel and thanks to all those that have responded with kind and honest comments. Great to see the vision of the few of us that started this was what others wanted as well.

I won't go into details or a history lesson but most know how the site came into being and why we decided to start it. What I will say is a huge thanks to everyone that has joined up and contributed to make the site what it is today and look forward to seeing you guys grow it in the future.

If you know any of us mods, we are not in it for financial gain or any kind of ego boost. We are here to fix things when they break, offer advice when asked and pay the bills to keep it going. FBT will always be about fishing, boating and most importantly having some fun!

Thanks again to all our members and hope you will always feel comfortable in starting and leading discussions on anything to do with fishing, boating and everything in between.

Chris

raym

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 168
  • -Receive: 156
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 04:39:59 am »
I came across this site in the same way as Rohan I done a google search on tuna fishing
I am a member of the  four sites. 
like a lot of others on here I also was a mod on another site , im glad that I made the  transition to this site  ,also I would just like to mention I read a post on here by young Samuel ,where meptas had gone out there to meet him and do some fishing with the young guys ,,to me that's the stuff what forums are all about ,meeting new friends ,and helping each other out
looking forward to meeting a few of  you guys on here and maybe even do some fishing with you,s

Lake Leake Boy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:27 am »
also I would just like to mention I read a post on here by young Samuel ,where meptas had gone out there to meet him and do some fishing with the young guys ,,to me that's the stuff what forums are all about ,meeting new friends ,and helping each other out
looking forward to meeting a few of  you guys on here and maybe even do some fishing with you,s

It was great meeting Adrian (Meppstas) It was great to be able to fish with him in the Elizabeth river, as Connor and I haven't done a lot of river fishing in out time. So we learnt a lot of Adrian. Including Connor not racing down to the river!!  behave1
I hope to be able to catch up with a few more forum members in the near future!  thumbsup1 [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

shippy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 254
  • -Receive: 174
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »
I came over from near day one, knowing about what went on but that's history now.
This is one of the best sites around with everyone helping each other out, as for the mods
ive met them all and are top blokes. I haven't been on the site much in the last twelve months
only because I have had a lot going on as Chris can relate to, So everyone just keep posting
and have fun tightlines
Craig

Brad

• Global Moderator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 336
  • -Receive: 552
  • Liked: 5
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 07:29:13 pm »

I came over from near day one, knowing about what went on but that's history now.
This is one of the best sites around with everyone helping each other out, as for the mods
ive met them all and are top blokes. I haven't been on the site much in the last twelve months
only because I have had a lot going on as Chris can relate to, So everyone just keep posting
and have fun tightlines
Craig

Good to see you about again mate thumbsup1
Whens the next adventure?

doublehookup

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 81
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »
Great topic samuel, I think it was gurnard guru bill aka jehu who told me about this site, came over had a look and loved it. Full of useful info and help for all types of fishing. Have had lots of laughs at the banter between members really funny stuff at times. Also got to meet brad and tick a few species off the list together with Bill.
Well done everyone for sharing your stories its a great resouce for all levels of experience.
Cheers Chris
Woo Hoo fish on

joe

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 11:47:36 pm »
I was an alcoholic looking for an AA meeting........oh wait no, wrong story, I was directed this way by Chris and Proka from elsewhere and decided to jump on board.
Every one else is posting signatures about Maria Island and I didn't want to feel left out!!!!!!

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:23 am »
And we are glad you did Joe.

And if you stick around Proka nad I long enough, you will need that first story.... drinks1

Lake Leake Boy

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 08:08:15 am »
Thanks all for the replies. It's great to see how everyone has come across the site... I know one thing for sure, I'm glad I joined the site!  happydance1  agree1  grin1

joe

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »
And we are glad you did Joe.

And if you stick around Proka nad I long enough, you will need that first story.... drinks1
Well I'm working in a kitchen now, so I think statistics has taught me that it's likely to happen anyway. Hahah.
Every one else is posting signatures about Maria Island and I didn't want to feel left out!!!!!!

Stephan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »
I come from the Redland Shire (now Redland City) in South east Queensland and when I wanted an update on local fishing I'd go to the local Jetty and ask around.  I now live in Geeveston.  Not too many local Jetties and none like the ones I'm used to up north.  So given the fact that I wanted to get an idea of what was biting where I thought I'd use modern tech and see if locals were posting on the web.

There's so few online resources where people regularly post the sort of info about Tassie conditions.  Jarrod lives on the other side of the Huon to me and because of the nature of roads here is almost as far away from me as Hobart is.  Probably only about 8 Ks as the crow flies though.  I know of a couple of local spots from talking with people here so will try them out as Summer matures and we'll see how we go.

I'm tongue'n for a feed of the fresh stuff.  Flathead, Bream or Whiting preferred but I'll give Trout or Salmon a go if I'm lucky enough.

Cheers
Stephan

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 617
  • -Receive: 393
  • Referrals: 19
    • Fishing Boating Tasmania
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 05:00:19 pm »
That's just what we aim to do Stephan...connect local fishers thumbsup1

You certainly are in a bit of a predicament if you wanta fish with Jared. You need a boat buddy grin1

Let us know how you go too.

Proka
What has 4,882km's of coastline? think1

Jared

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 186
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 09:18:33 pm »
Go get into the trout stephan if your looking for a fish to eat.the Huon is one of the best fisheries in tas and you ain't very far from it. Takes abit sometimes to figure out the Huon but once you learn how to fish it there is some great trout fishing to be done. Good luck
😛

tfootesquire

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 12:52:06 pm »
although I am not a big poster or comment maker I  absolutely,love the information and stories not only about fishing
but other interesting topics

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 540
  • -Receive: 476
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 03:01:30 pm »

I'm tongue'n for a feed of the fresh stuff.  Flathead, Bream or Whiting preferred but I'll give Trout or Salmon a go if I'm lucky enough.

Cheers
Stephan

Hi Stephan.  I've just put some info on the General Fishing board, under the topic "Huon spots".  Hope it helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal