Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whales galore.  (Read 509 times)

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Whales galore.
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:12:06 am »
We just came back from doing some maintenance at our holiday place in Ulladulla.

Our balcony overlooks the house in front to the ocean at Rennie's beach. A great spot.

On Thursday we woke to see a steady procession of whales travelling North. Most were quite close in (less than 500 m from the beach) A couple were broaching making an almighty splash some K's out. In all we saw 16 Whales, what a buzz!

I tried to take some pics on my IPhone but only succeeded in getting one shot of the end of a "blow" close in. I think that you will be able to see it just over the roof of the house in front.

Gotta love this country. I don't think that the Poms or the Russians have anything like this.  laugh1 laugh1 
PAIKEA

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2297
  • -Receive: 921
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Whales galore.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:19:44 pm »
We certainly live in the lucky country that's for sure.. Nice view you have there too.. Yes I spotted the whale..
I can remember sitting on the rocks at Port Elliot south of Adelaide watching the whales on the migrating run, quite peaceful few hours spent by the sea..

cheers
Adrian
Tackle Tactics, Mepps, Okuma & Platypus lines Pro Team Member..

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Whales galore.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »
Hi Adrian
You are so right about peaceful moments.

My son in law and I had a fishing trip from Ulladulla in my Seafarer Viking many years ago. We had a shark finning toward the boat at Tabourie, then a big Seal lying on his back with fins flopping until we got close (10m) when he exploded into action then on the way back we stopped and drifted for Flathead for a while.

Suddenly a Whale and Calf surfaced only 30 m away and just rolled around whilst we sat in awe of the majesty of these great creatures.

We often talk about that trip. Funny neither of us can remember if we caught any fish but the Whale encounter will live with us forever.

BTW, congratulations on your recent win. Awesome!

Cheers

Hank

(Paikea)
PAIKEA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal