Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Walleye in France..  (Read 277 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2219
  • -Receive: 886
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Walleye in France..
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:35:55 am »
My good friend at Mepps in France sent me a couple of photos of a fish called a Walleye that they catch in Lakes & rivers Europe.. These are just a couple of smaller ones that he's caught.
It was nice to see that he finally managed to get some time away from the company to wet a line, even better that he caught a few fish as well..

cheers
Adrian

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
This one was taken in Spain..
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
This was caught in France..
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:37:26 am by meppstas »
''Brand ambassador for Mepps Lures through Tackle Tactics."

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 480
  • -Receive: 434
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Walleye in France..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 02:54:35 pm »
I only just spotted this post, Adrian - can't imagine how I missed it originally! A couple of decent fish for your mate there.  Don't they also fish for walleye in north America?  Are they the same fish, I wonder?

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2219
  • -Receive: 886
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
Walleye in France..
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 03:54:09 pm »
I only just spotted this post, Adrian - can't imagine how I missed it originally! A couple of decent fish for your mate there.  Don't they also fish for walleye in north America?  Are they the same fish, I wonder?

Yes Paul they originate in Canada & North America & they're the same fish as far as I know..I think they were stocked in the rivers in several European countries.   thumbsup1
More than likely have hatcheries in Europe now I'd think as they've been catching them there for a very long time now, some say they're really Zander which look similar.
But Jean-Luc told me what he's caught is Walleye.. Found the following site which is in the USA and it more or less says that Walleye can be caught in Europe.. doh1

http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/55-walleye/78379-european-walleye.html

cheers
Adrian
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:01:49 pm by meppstas »
''Brand ambassador for Mepps Lures through Tackle Tactics."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal