Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flinders Island trip (45)  (Read 656 times)

Rohan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 743
  • -Receive: 180
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
Flinders Island trip (45)
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:40 pm »
I went on a bit of a hunting trip to flinders island last week . We left early Wednesday  landed on the island at 8.30 and went to our usual accomodation at the Flinders Island cabin park . Next was the supermarket and the first of many stops at the Whitemark bakery . With everything organised we had a free afternoon so out with the fishing gear and off to northeast river . We started at the river mouth throwing a few lures off the rocks we ended up with a few Taylor and salmon to about 2kg and nearly as many lures lost on the rocks . As the tide dropped I went up the river a bit and found a nice drop off . Before I cast my plastic to it I saw an xos flathead move in there . About the third cast I hooked a fish about 50 cm which got off in sight of the bank . The Big one was still there but wasn't playing the game . About ten minutes later I hooked an eagle ray for which I was a bit under gunned with a 4-8kg ugly stik and 7kg maxima . After a 5 minute tussle it had enough and headed off at speed with my plastic . Thursday was spent visiting the farms where we would be hunting the geese for the following three days I ended up with 9 geese 1 short of my allowed 10 for the trip . It was a productive and enjoyable few days Flinders is a fantastic place to visit if you get the chance thumbsup1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:20:40 am by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:23:38 am »
Definitely on my list to fish Flinders. Hear of some good fish around the island on occasion.

Wonder what the fishing is like off the coast in a boat?

Nice work on the geese too. Tasty!

Rohan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 743
  • -Receive: 180
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:25:11 am »
Fantastic fishing off there in a boat there is a good charter operator there as well , James luddington I think he trades as flinders island adventures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:34:39 pm »
Thanks Rohan