Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finally back on deck.  (Read 830 times)

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Finally back on deck.
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:22:06 pm »
I have been somewhat absent from the site since December. Due to a heavy "hands on" involvement with a major commercial dispute in the building industry I only got time to have a glance at "Today's Posts" at very infrequent intervals.

I finished my solar trickle charger rig shortly after posting details of the gear but that is as far as I got. It is still sitting in the garage waiting for me to put it on top of the bimini cover and clip the leads on. It will all happen soon. I will post details when I do.

The boss keeps on saying why don't you retire? You're mad working all hours but I am one of the very lucky people who absolutely loves what I do so keeping going keeps the grey cells alive and brings in some change. Who could object to that?

But seriously it is time that I hung up my spurs and gave some time to my family. The planned trip to Tassie with my Son in Law and my best mate in February is the start of the new me. Then the boss and I are off to NZ (Queenstown and Marlborough) for a couple of weeks. Hope to do some fishing whilst there. 

Cheers

Paikea
PAIKEA

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 541
  • -Receive: 476
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Finally back on deck.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:26:13 am »
Glad to see your head is now back where it ought to be - and hope that you get to do some serious fishing over the coming weeks!  fish1  thumbsup1

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Referrals: 14
Finally back on deck.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:04:29 am »
Taking the rod(s) down to NZ Hank?

Have been looking at the Glenorchy area just out of Queenstown. Looks amazing!

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Referrals: 1
Finally back on deck.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 07:52:54 am »
Hi Chris
I don't think that I will be fishing in NZ. This will be the boss's holiday so I don't want to tempt fate. But then again you can get some pretty small (extending) rods nowadays. Maybe hide one in my backpack?   fish1

But looking forward to my Tassie trip coming up soon. Can't wait for that one.

Cheers

Hank (Paikea)
PAIKEA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal