Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coming down to Tassie for 12 days  (Read 1148 times)

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Coming down to Tassie for 12 days
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:02:36 am »
Hi all.
Just joined your site, looking forward to participating with posts on a variety of topics.

My wife and I are flying to Launceston at 2.30 today, two days there, then 3 at St Helens followed by a week at Seven Mile beach.

Hoping to catch a charter from Pirates Bay, did that a couple of years ago and had a ball. Love your island.

I am 77 YO, on my fourteenth boat, currently a 490C Bar Crusher  pimped to the max. I will post pics of my mods when we get back. Have owned boats of all sizes including two Flybridge game boats (26 and 33 FT), a 5.2 m Kevlacat, Seafarer Viking, Aussie Whaler, etc. All good in their way but my little Crusher is by far the easiest of all to own and handle.

Cheers

Paikea
PAIKEA

proka

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 617
  • -Receive: 393
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 19
    • Fishing Boating Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:06:07 pm »
G'day Paikea, and welcome1 to FBT and Tassie (again)

Can't tell you too much about the fishing at St Helens apart from the fact George's Bay seems to hold a good variety of fish....trev's, whiting and Australian salmon.

If you're staying at 7 mile you're close to everything fish1

Its's trumpet season so if you're looking at a charter back down the Peninsula talk to Michael at South East Charters. He may even have the boat up the east coast regardless he'll get you on the fish thumbsup1

info@south-eastcharters.com

Good luck and enjoy, proka
What has 4,882km's of coastline? think1

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 153
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:19:14 am »
Thank you for the welcome.

Just got back to Sydney, did not manage any fishing but pigged out on Tassie oysters and scallops. They are sooo good!

We had three days at Launceston then drove around the top to St Helens, after three days there we drove along the coast to Hobart and stayed at 7 Mile beach.

Always blown away by the sheer beauty of Tassie, scenery is just magic. We took long drives every day to see as much as we could pack in. Pirates Bay, Bruny Island, Huon Trail, End of the Road and whale statue, Bicheno, etc, etc it seems that just about everyone either has great water views or is located next to water of some kind (River or Ocean) That would cost you a kings ransom in Sydney where Real Estate prices are through the roof.

Found a small petrol station operator who actually filled the car for us. Now that was something else for us as that that type of service went out in Sydney many years ago. Even better the guy had boxes of old metal signs (or reproductions) ranging from old cars, boats, fishing and drinking subjects.

I bought one for my son in law who had just got over his Christmas hangover. The sign showed a guy holding a foaming jug of Beer with the caption "BEER , NOT ONLY FOR BREAKFAST" Loved it!

Cheers

Paikea

PAIKEA

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2310
  • -Receive: 934
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:51:14 pm »
Good to see you enjoyed your trip down here and hope you get to come back again one day.. one of the two garages here in Sheffield fill the cars up too..

cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal