Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paikeas Boat. Bar Crusher 490C  (Read 762 times)

Paikea

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 152
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 1
Paikeas Boat. Bar Crusher 490C
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:41:38 pm »
I have been fortunate enough to be married to a lady who understands that a man must have a boat. Not only one, but a series of them as the current one is replaced by a bigger/better model and then, as age catches up, progressively smaller models.
So in my time I have owned boats ranging from a 10M Seafarer with a single Perkins diesel (great motor), Flybridge and fully fitted for game fishing down to my little flats boat a 3.6M composite boat weighing only 49 Kg's that flies with a 8 HP Yammie on the back and floats on wet grass.
My last glass boat was a 5.6M Tournament with a big Merc on the back. A great sea boat but very heavy and hard to drive onto the mismatched trailer that came with it. So I fitted an electric winch which helped but one day when getting the boat onto the trailer by myself (with a side current pushing the back over) using a lanyard to operate the winch I was pushing the back against the current when I tore a major tendon in my left shoulder. My surgeon friend then gave me the bad news which was that at 77 YO the (shredded) tendon can not be repaired. So suck it up and learn to live with it!
That was the end of big glass boats and a search for something that I can handle by myself yet still fish offshore. The 490C bar Crusher seemed to fit the bill, a deep V with a flooded keel it punches well above its weight and the drive on trailer is just magic. The 60 HP 4 Stroke Suki is more than big enough and very economical to run.
It is a small boat but the way that it has been fitted out  (pimped) it is plenty big enough to fish two up out wide. (10 - 15 K's off shore)
If anyone is interested in the fit out etc I can post pics.
Meanwhile I have attached (I hope successfully) one pic showing the main features including a custom Targa and Live Bait tank that I made to sit on the transom. Works a treat. And a pic of the little flats boat.
Cheers

Paikea
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:43:32 pm by Paikea »
PAIKEA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal