Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Competition  (Read 2197 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1475
  • -Receive: 615
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 14
Fishing Report Competition
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:03:39 pm »
To end to 2017 and kick off 2018, we are running a new competition. It is simple to enter with a great prize.

All you have to do is post your fishing reports. Yep, it is that simple! We will assign a number to each report sequentially as it is posted and using an online random number generator will choose the winning fishing report posted from today until Sunday 8th April. The winner will be announced on Monday 9th April.

The prize is a full day charter with South East Charters. Michael will take you out for the day where you can hit up some tuna, or if the tuna are being shy, drop some baits for flathead, trumpeter shark or drift for some squid.

So get out and enjoy some fresh air and time on the water then post your reports for your chance to win a day out with Michael and South East Charters. The more reports you post, the more chances you will have to win.

bream_spinning

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 109
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 05:44:31 am »
Sounds like a great comp

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 506
  • -Receive: 457
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:56:24 am »
Great, Chris!

That's a super prize, too: thanks Michael!

Now all we have to do is spend a couple minutes after each trip, jotting a few notes about how it went - with a photo or two if you thought to take them - and upload.  Simple!

We all know number 1 never gets drawn in these things, so I'll go first: that way, no-one else has to fear getting the number 1!

Come on, guys and gals: get fishing, get posting!

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 05:09:44 pm »
Thanks Paul.

I threw myself to the wolves as well and took a couple low numbers as well grin1

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:49:57 pm »
Thanks to Tom at the Fisherman's Shed in Kingston, we have a great pack of Liquid Gold & Strike Pro lures for the best trout or bream report posted during the competition.

Again we will use the random number system to pick a winner.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 03:26:44 pm »
BUMP

Just wanted to remind everyone this comp is still running, and there are still about 6 weeks left to get fishing, and get posting.

Even if it's a "donut" trip, still worth putting a report up. 

The main prize is brilliant - a couple of members who visited the state recently had a couple of trips out with South-East Charters, and reckon that Mike's the best operator they have come across "ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD"

Also there's a super pack of lures - hard bodies and SPs - from The Fisherman's Shed in Kingston, for a trout or bream report.

So, at least two chances of winning something great!

Chris

• Administrator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:24 pm »
This competition has been run and won.

I would like to thank everyone who posted a report, it is you guys that make the site what it is!

Huge thanks to Michael Kent for assisting us with the main prize and to the Fishermans Shed for the other prize.

The lucky member that gets to spend a day with South-East Charters is Blake for his Cray diving report. (Number 15)

The other winners are Adrian and Rohan.

We will be in touch guys, congratulations!

Thanks again to everyone that contributes to the site. Look out for the next competition.

Chris

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 04:09:07 pm »
Congratulations, Blake!  That's a brilliant prize!  envy1  fish1

Congrats also to Adrian and to Rohan, for a trout and a bream report.  goodjob1  I'm currently sitting on a package of Liquid Gold lures for Adrian, and a package of Strike Pro "Reaction Baits" soft plastics for Rohan, courtesy of Tom at the Fisherman's Shed in Kingston.  If you guys send me a PM with your mailing name and address, please, I'll get them in the post to you as soon as possible.

Great to see all the reports over the period of the comp - over 80 in total, and some terrific ones amongst them.  Don't stop now, though!

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2250
  • -Receive: 901
  • Liked: 7
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »
I'd just like to say thank you to FBT & the competition sponsors Michael Kent of Sth East Charters & Tom at the Fishermen's Shed at Kingston for putting up two great prizes..
It's very much appreciated and well done Blake and Rohan for picking up prize each as well.. Good luck when you have your day out on the charter Blake, hope you get into a few solid fish.. fish1

cheers
Adrian
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:38:07 pm by meppstas »
Tackle Tactics & Okuma Pro Team Member..

Rohan

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 766
  • -Receive: 186
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:29 pm »
Congratulations, Blake!  That's a brilliant prize!  envy1  fish1

Congrats also to Adrian and to Rohan, for a trout and a bream report.  goodjob1  I'm currently sitting on a package of Liquid Gold lures for Adrian, and a package of Strike Pro "Reaction Baits" soft plastics for Rohan, courtesy of Tom at the Fisherman's Shed in Kingston.  If you guys send me a PM with your mailing name and address, please, I'll get them in the post to you as soon as possible.

Great to see all the reports over the period of the comp - over 80 in total, and some terrific ones amongst them.  Don't stop now, though!
Thanks Reddory  plastics received today . And a big thank you to Michael Kent and Tom at the Fishermans shed for their generous donation of prizes . And also thanks to the team that keep FBT going

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B.Marriott

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 93
  • Wake up with a line in the water
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 07:38:27 am »
I think everyone has summed it up well already but thanks FBT and the forum sponsors for the great prizes. I'm sure I'll enjoy the day out and will put up a detailed report afterwards.

Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »
Received my lures today.. Thanks again to FBT & the sponsors, it's very much appreciated by all members on this site.. thumbsup1

Now to give a them a go in a river.. fish1

cheers
Adrian

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:42 am »
Glad they arrived safely, Adrian.  The Liquid Gold lures really do work.  As I indicated earlier, the "Pender's prettyfish" is well good for sea-runners.  Here's one of six I caught in a session on the lower Huon a couple of years back:

And here's an indication of WHY it was successful:

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 09:33:47 am »
They certainly look okay and they're nice and light (3.8 grams) as well with some great colours.. I'll certainly be giving them a go in the Mersey estuary next season..
Will give the Highland Trutta, Dog Pack & Raging Bull a go the next time I'm in the Meander & Mersey Rivers as well.. I'm actually hoping to have a fish in the Leven River before the season closes as I haven't fished it all season so will give them a go there too..  Watched a video on YouTube yesterday with a couple of lads catching trout on them in lakes & rivers here in Tassie..

cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal