Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Still got it!  (Read 606 times)

Brad

• Global Moderator
  • FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 336
  • -Receive: 552
Still got it!
« on: August 06, 2018, 06:57:06 am »
Hi all, Iím back!
Well lifeís been crazy busy lately and Iíve been busy doing other stuff.

After barely fishing in 2016 and not renewing my license at all last year for the first time ever I decided to lash out and revisit the joys that is freshwater fishing.

Nothing too exciting but I did manage to sneak out to my local water storages on Saturday & Sunday for a few hours.

Guide reservoir - Saturday.
Brisk 6am start and a short walk to the top of the Guide.  Very slow start but the fish warmed up once the sun did around 9am.  Fishing solely with my trusted black and gold Ashley spiner and a faster than normal retrieve I soon had 4 on the board for the 18/19 season.

Pet Dam- Sunday.
Wasnít planning on fishing today but I voluntarily took the kids out in the morning for a few hours and gave mum a spell.  Later thinking, thereís no harm in asking... she said yes!

Plenty of cars and people on the eastern bank so decided to fight the slight head wind and fish the less populated western side.

Didnít take long to get the show started.

Then the unthinkable happened.  My laziness caught up with me .  After 18 months of sitting it the shed my leader knot gave out and I sent the ol spinner flying for the last time.

Cleary traumatised I couldnít bring my self to  get another of the 5 plus spares out so I decided to give the hawk sniper a whirl.

Turns out, fish like them too!

Lost another two which Iím tipping were rainbows due to some very spirited aerial work.

Well, 6 browns and 1 Rainbow after 18 months off.  Iíve still got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whens the next adventure?

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal