Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hundreds watching, none talking  (Read 726 times)

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 546
  • -Receive: 476
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
hundreds watching, none talking
« on: June 11, 2018, 11:04:51 am »
Hi all

I took my little dinghy out this morning to see how it goes with new, longer oars.  Launched at the Huonville esplanade ramp early, rowed quietly upstream against a bit of current and small breeze, took two small trout about 28 cm each (and returned them), confirmed the little vessel will now be ideal for sneaking up on fish around the lakes, then back to the ramp, on to the trailer and home.

When I tuned in to FBT, I checked the "who's on board" stats at the bottom of the page to find about 100 "guests" and 16 members are all on line at the moment.  And yet, not a single new post to be seen.  Now, I don't mind that people tune in for a read, but don't always have anything to say - but this IS supposed to be a FORUM, right?  And that tends to mean it's a place for users to EXCHANGE information, opinions etc.

Surely some of you out there have been fishing recently, and could do a little report; or you might have an opinion on a topic someone else has raised; or you might just want to get some bile off your liver about fishing and boating-related topics - fisheries management, boat safety, the weather....

It would be really great to hear from you.  If you're a member, speak up.  If you're not a member, join up - and then speak up.  Please!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal