Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stuck at home!  (Read 569 times)

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 618
  • -Receive: 529
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
Stuck at home!
« on: April 08, 2020, 04:02:13 pm »
Well, the restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic are tightening all the time.  For those who aren't on the mailing list from DPIPWE / recreational fisheries, here's a link to the page that gives the latest restrictions about whether, and where, we can fish for the next few weeks:
https://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/sea-fishing-aquaculture/recreational-fishing/covid-19-recreational-fishing-information 

On the page there's a further link to Inland Fisheries, which has a list of all the waters that are now effectively closed, and a short list of the few that remain open, but only to visit for the day and go home again.  Places like Lake Sorell and Crescent are now going to get hammered, I suspect!

We can only go fishing at all if it's considered "necessary" (dunno how you prove that), with no more than 2 people together, and only from a boat ramp within your home municipality.  Plus, they say, we shouldn't stop off at the local bakery for a pie along the way!

So now I can go fishing in Port Cygnet (where there aren't any flathead worth considering), or Dover which is 45 minutes drive from home in Huonville, or even Southport which is an hour's drive, but I could get booked if I turn up at the ramp on North-West Bay which is only 15-20 minutes drive but in the neighbouring municipality.  And that's supposed to reduce the amount of travelling I do.  Hmm... it would be nice if common sense could be allowed to prevail, but I guess "common sense" is an oxy-moron.

Sorell Phantom

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 75
  • Liked: 1
  • Referrals: 1
Stuck at home!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:09:47 am »
Paul common sense has been ignored by to many and that is why we have these restrictions (with even more to come I would suggest) lots of people looking for any loophole in the restrictions to get around things. Stay Safe mate

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2395
  • -Receive: 976
  • Liked: 9
  • Referrals: 2
Stuck at home!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:20:09 pm »
Here's the freshwater site for fishing too....

https://www.ifs.tas.gov.au/recreational-fishing-inland-faqs

cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal