Hi, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aggressive small stream trout.  (Read 158 times)

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2408
  • -Receive: 982
  • Liked: 9
  • Referrals: 2
Aggressive small stream trout.
« on: December 31, 2021, 02:47:10 pm »
This was one of my return trips to a small tannin stream, it turned out to be a reasonably good spin session too..

cheers
Adrian

reddory

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 628
  • -Receive: 535
  • Liked: 0
  • So much water; so many fish; so little time!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 09:29:09 am »
Nice session Adrian!

I've found that one of my local streams, that was empty of fish the past couple of seasons, has finally come good this year - but just like your "caught a few, but had a fair few other hits + misses and follows", I'm finding the fish are not easy in the lower, clearer water conditions.  Last trip out, last week, I reckon I watched around 40 fish, but even with my lightest fly tackle, couldn't hook a single one: they were just sooo spooky!

But as you said in the vid, even small fish, and even when they're difficult, it's still great practice.

meppstas

• FBT Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2408
  • -Receive: 982
  • Liked: 9
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 04:05:57 pm »
It's always hard when they are spooked at the slightest bit of movement, even when trying to go softly as possible just the crunch on a gravelly river bottom will send them on there way.
Even a small spinner hitting the water on a cast has sent then scurrying off many times.. Let's hope your next trip to a river is more successful Paul.. thumbsup1

cheers
Adrian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal